User Group Conference 2019
The NumberSense Mathematics Programme User Group Conference is being held on 10 and 11 May 2019, at the Avenue Conference Centre, V&A Waterfront in Cape Town. Download the detail and registration information here: 2019 Conference Information.
A quick preview of the programme:
1. Pre-conference session: Visits to the Western Cape Shikaya NumberSense schools to observe the implementation of the NumberSense mathematics routines in Grades 1-4 (limited to 80 participants on a first come, first served basis).
2. Three break away workshop sessions. This year the teacher participation will happen at the end of each break-away in the format of sharing questions, answers and discussion among participants.
3. Plenary sessions to include:
- The NumberSense Mathematics Programme – what it is and what it is not! Highlighting achievements and addressing misconceptions.
- How the NumberSense Mathematics Programme begins preparing students for high school mathematics, from Grade R.
- Developing mathematical reasoning, understanding and application.
4. Networking activity: Using the GeoGenius Construction Kit to set a world record in geometry! And evening entertainment.