Pretoria NumberSense Workshop: 2 March 2024
Understanding, and implementing, the NumberSense Mathematics Programme (NumberSense Comprehensive Workbooks)
The NumberSense Mathematics Programme (Aarnout Brombacher ) is presenting a one-day workshop for Grade R to 7 numeracy/mathematics teachers.
In this workshop we will explore:
- Understanding the NumberSense Mathematics Programme.
- Features of the NumberSense Comprehensive Workbooks and the impact on lesson plan development.
- Teaching mathematics for understanding, application and reasoning.
- Developing mathematics lessons using the NumberSense Comprehensive Workbooks and other resources.
- Supporting effective concept development in a NumberSense classroom.
The workshop is targeted at teachers from Grades R to 7 who are new to, or unfamiliar with, the implementation of the NumberSense Mathematics Programme. Alternatively, for those wanting a refresher, or greater insight into the NumberSense Comprehensive Workbooks, this is a good option.
Date: Saturday, 2 March 2024
Venue: Woodhill College (Martin van Breda Auditorium), 43 De Villebois Mareuil Dr, Pretoriuspark, Pretoria, 0043
Time: 08:30 till 15:30
Cost: R 650 per person (includes: teas, a light finger lunch and workshop handouts – if any)