WHAT INFORMATION DO OUR WEBSITES COLLECT?
If just browsing our sites, our servers and cookies collect the following generic information about our users:
- The operating system in use e.g. Windows
- The browser in use e.g. Safari or Google Chrome
- The device in use to view this website e.g. Desktop or Mobile
- The IP Address
- Our users’ behaviour on our sites e.g. page views, link clicks etc.
Only when voluntarily completing a form on the sites, do we then have access to the following information:
- E-mail address
- First & last name
- Full address (if we are required to send any physical products)
Please note: At no point do we process and/ or store any bank or credit card information.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
- Newsletter sign-up form
- Contact form
- Registration form
- Checkout process: user information collected at checkout
We store cookies on our users’ computer to identify that they have been to our sites before. We do not use third party cookies to track data. Our sites have a Cookie banner with an option to accept only certain cookies or disallow all cookies. Our sites use Google Tag Manager to ensure that, if users do not accept the cookies, their data is not tracked by our sites.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
- To enable us to ensure our users’ online account has been created and updated successfully so that they safely and securely access the content they have purchased or registered for.
- To communicate with our users regarding their purchase and/or subscription.
- To respond to specific enquiries and queries.
- To notify our users about changes to our service.
- To ensure that content from our sites is presented in the most effective manner for our users and their computers.
- For preventing and detecting fraudulent or criminal activity.
- To communicate with our users regarding product developments and support workshops: If our users have given us their consent to receive marketing communications by email, are a customer of ours or they have previously asked us for information about our products or workshops, we may send them marketing messages by email. However, in every marketing email message we send our users, we give them the opportunity to unsubscribe from our mailings altogether.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties personally identifiable information. We may also release our user information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property or safety.
The users have the right at any time to ask us not to process their personal data for marketing purposes. Users can also unsubscribe from our marketing Newsletter at any point by clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any marketing Newsletter they have received from us.
From a data retention perspective, we are legally bound from a financial viewpoint to keep our users’ personal data on our systems for seven years after they have made a purchase.
Our users have the right to check that their personal data is being processed lawfully. Their subject access right can be exercised in accordance with the act. Any subject access request must be made in writing to email@example.com
If our users would like amendments made to their data e.g. change of name or contact details, they may contact us at any time via firstname.lastname@example.org
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, and although we will do our best to protect user personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of user data transmitted to this web site, therefore any transmission is at the users’ own risk.
Once we have received the users’ information, we will take all reasonable steps to keep their personal data secure (both technologically and physically) and to try to prevent any unauthorised access to it. All information they provide to us is stored on our secure servers. All payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology and processed through PayFast. We do NOT store any financial information.
Where we have given the users (or where they have chosen) a password, which enables them to access certain parts of our sites, the users are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We ask our users not to share a password with anyone.
If at any point our users suspect or become aware of a breach of security, or receive suspicious communications from someone claiming to be from NumberSense/Brombacher/GeoGenius/MathsSense, please let us know immediately via email@example.com