- Assessment in the NumberSense Classroom
- NumberSense Diagnostic Assessment
In order to access, and use the NumberSense Diagnostic Assessment (Grade 1-3), please follow these steps:
- Read through the User Guide before downloading the recording sheet and stimulus cards.
- Download the age-appropriate Diagnostic Assessment Stimulus Cards.
- Download the age-appropriate Diagnostic Assessment Recording Sheet You will need one sheet per child as this is where you track and record their progress.
- Should you require the Diagnostic Assessment for 11+ years, you can find it in the Intermediate Phase section.
Please submit comments and questions to: email@example.com
- Formative Assessment
Formative assessment in the NumberSense classroom:Grade 1 Counting Task (Observation)Grade 1 Problem Solving Task (Observation)Grade 1 Space & Shape Task (Observation)Grade 1 Sorting Task (Observation)Grade 2 Counting Task (Observation)Grade 2 Problem Solving Task (Observation)Grade 2 Space & Shape Task (Observation)Grade 2 Written TaskGrade 3 Problem Solving Task (Observation)Grade 3 Space & Shape Task 1 (Observation)Grade 3 Space & Shape Task 2 (Observation)Grade 3 Written Task
- Formative Assessment Item Bank
This bank of mathematics assessment items was developed for the Western Cape Education Department (West Coast District). The purpose of the development of this item bank was to ensure that standardised, grade-specific Formal Assessment Tasks for Grades 1-3 in English, Afrikaans and isiXhosa were developed and provided to schools to ensure the improvement of the quality of assessment tasks in mathematics.
- Summative Assessment
A summative assessment (intended for use at the end of the year) for Grades 1, 2 and 3. These assessment questions are aligned to the NumberSense Mathematics Programme. There is a question paper as well as a memo for each grade. The memo contains the assessment framework and mark allocation as well as detailed responses for each question.