- Assessment in a NumberSense Classroom
- NumberSense Diagnostic Assessment
In order to access, and use the NumberSense Diagnostic Assessment (Grade 1-3), please follow the steps below:
- Please read through the User Guide before downloading the recording sheet and stimulus cards.
- Download the age-appropriate Diagnostic Assessment Stimulus Cards
- Download the age-appropriate Diagnostic Assessment Recording Sheet (you will need one sheet per student as this is where you track and record their progress)
- Should you require the Diagnostic Assessment for 11+ years, this can be found in the Intermediate Phase section.
Please submit comments and questions to: email@example.com
- Grade 1 Formative Assessment Tasks
Assessment through observation in a NumberSense classroom:
- Problem solving
- Space and shape
- Grade 2 Formative Assessment Tasks
- Grade 3 Formative Assessment Tasks
- Formative Assessment Item Bank
This item bank was developed for the Western Cape Education Department (West Coast District). The purpose of the development of this item bank for mathematics was to ensure that standardised, grade-specific Formal Assessment Tasks for Grades 1-3 in English, Afrikaans and isiXhosa were developed and provided to schools to ensure the improvement of the quality of the assessment tasks in mathematics.