User Group Conference 2019
- User Group Conference 2019
This year the teacher participation will happen at the end of each break-away in the format of sharing questions, answers and discussion among participants.
The NumberSense Mathematics Programme User Group Conference is being held on 10 and 11 May 2019, at the Avenue Conference Centre, V&A Waterfront in Cape Town.
A quick preview of the programme:
1. Pre-Conference session: Visits to the Western Cape Shikaya NumberSense schools to observe the implementation of the NumberSense mathematics routines in Grades 1-4 (limited to 80 participants on a first come, first served basis).
2. Three break-away workshop sessions. This year the teacher participation will happen at the end of each break-away in the format of sharing questions, answers and discussion among participants.
Plenary sessions to include:
- The NumberSense Mathematics Programme – what it is and what it is not! Highlighting achievements and addressing misconceptions.
- How the NumberSense Mathematics Programme begins preparing students for high school mathematics, from Grade R.
- Developing mathematical reasoning, understanding and application.
3. Networking activity: Using the GeoGenius Construction Kit to set a world record in geometry!
And evening entertainment.
Please mail conference@NumberSense.co.za for further information.