The NumberSense App: Workbook 12 released!
- Nearly 3 000 children have started using the NumberSense App since the start of the lockdown associated with COVID-19.
The NumberSense App: Workbook 12 released! Nearly 3 000 children have started using the NumberSense App since the start of the lockdown associated with COVID-19.
Nearly 3 000 children have started using the NumberSense App since the start of the lockdown associated with COVID-19. We are thrilled to announce that NumberSense Workbook 12 is now also available on the App. With that the full suite of workbooks from 2 to 12 are now available. The feedback to the NumberSense App that we are receiving from both parents and teachers is incredibly positive!
A teacher at a boy’s school reported: We have been using the App for a few weeks now and the boys love it! Thank you so much!
A parent wrote: Just wanted to say THANK YOU!! My son has a serious immune condition and he can’t go back to school until there is a vaccine. Which also means his brother also cannot go to school. The App is a game changer for our family! So appreciated!!
A teacher at a co-ed school says: Thank you so much for the App. An awesome addition to your arsenal!
Not only a solution for the Covid 19 context, the NumberSense App provides an exciting way of engaging with the NumberSense Mathematics Programme in general. We have now established a dedicated NumberSense App support desk which can be reached at AppSupport@NumberSense.co.za. When contacting the support desk, please provide:
- School and class (if applicable):
- Type of device (Android/Apple);
- NumberSense App version number (found on the log-in screen);
- The Workbook, page and activity number; and
- A screenshot if possible.
Finally, I want to share that in recognition of the financial stress that the Covid 19 situation has created for many families, we have decided to continue offering the NumberSense App for only R15 (VAT inclusive) per workbook licence (as opposed to the regular price of R53 [VAT exclusive] per licence) for the remainder of 2020. Please find additional information on using the NumberSense App below.
The NumberSense App
Without losing any of the rich pedagogical approaches that underpin the success of the paper version, the mobile version provides a range of additional benefits:
- Marking is automatic, providing students with instant feedback.
- Teachers and parents receive instantly accessible reports on the progress of children; detailed (curriculum-linked) feedback and analysis allow for remediation as and where required. This includes:
- The workbook and page number that the student is busy with;
- An indication of whether students are doing well (green); only coping (orange); or struggling (red); and
- The pace (pages per week) at which each child is progressing.
In addition to the consoles that the teacher (and parent) have at their disposal to monitor each student’s progress. Teachers (and parents) can set individualised, quality gates for each student in their class. In particular, they can determine:
- The proportion of responses that a student must submit for each activity before they are able to check their answers; and
- The proportion of correct responses that a student must achieve on an activity before they can progress to the next activity.
- The NumberSense App, is available for both Android and Apple tablets and is best used on a device with a 7-inch [or larger] screen.
- For family purchases of the App please visit the Mobile App tab for instructions on how to access and use the app and the Shop/Mobile App to purchase workbook licences and gain access to the parent supervision console.
- For class or whole school purchases of the App please visit the Mobile App tab for instructions on how to access and use the app and please write to info@NumberSense.co.za for a spreadsheet that must be completed with the all of the students’ details so that we can provide you with each student’s login details and provide teachers with access to the console(s) for their class(es).
If there is anything else that we can do to provide support to you during this time, please do not hesitate to write to us at AppSupport@NumberSense.co.za or to Aarnout directly at email@example.com.