Interview with Nick Snow (eBizRadio) – Addressing problems in mathematics teaching in South Africa
Nick Snow of eBizRadio interviewed Aarnout Brombacher about the problems in mathematics education in South Africa.
Some of the topics discussed are:
- Foundation Phase mathematics teacher in-class support
- The changing nature of teaching calculating
- How to deliver the curriculum in the modern world
- Understanding versus rote learning, illustrated by multiplication tables
- A proposed solution to the problems in Mathematics education in South Africa